Focal Point
[SOLVED] reports built using IM not working when the data source is renamed

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6197047086

February 12, 2016, 04:47 PM
Peekay
[SOLVED] reports built using IM not working when the data source is renamed
Hi,

I have some reports built using IM pointing to a business view. I need to rename the business view.
IF I rename the business view, the reports are not working. I like to somehow point the reports to this renamed BV without recreating the reports.

I tried to edit the reports using IA but the option of switching the data sourece is not available. I guess it is available only for documents.

are there any ways to handle it?
Thank you
I am on WF 8105

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

wf 8105
excel,pdf,html
February 13, 2016, 09:57 AM
BabakNYC
Edit the fex using Text Editor instead of IA. You'll have to remove all qualified field names. So if you have:
PRINT TABLENAME.SEGNAME.FIELDNAME
Change it to:
PRINT FIELDNAME

Also, change TABLE FILE OLD_BV_NAME to TABLE FILE NEW_BV_NAME.

Keep in mind once you do this, you will not be able to use IA's gui to modify the code and all subsequent changes will have to be made using the Text Editor.

WebFOCUS 8206, Unix, Windows
February 13, 2016, 11:10 AM
Peekay
Thank you BabakNYC !!
I tried before editing with Text Editor by remapping the segments even though both new and old BVs have all same fields and segments. But, it did not work.

I tried with yours solution and it is working.
I was looking for something quicker and easier way to do this for example, just switching the Data source name as both the BVs have same fields and segments.

Anyway, Thanks a lot for your solution.

PK

wf 8105
excel,pdf,html