Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     Need to capture the folder from a MRE user after logon

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Need to capture the folder from a MRE user after logon
 Login/Join

<JJI>
posted
Who can help me with this?

I need to know if I can capture the folder's name of a MRE user. Is there a variable like IBIMR_folder or IBIMR_domain, that can give me the name of the users folder after logon?

We have an MRE application and in a lot of reports we are using the same variables , like reference date, begin and end date of a period, language, etc . We would like to make a html screen that a user can run to set his preferences. These preferences will be used in all the reports so the users don't have to type or select the values they want each time they run a report. I want to save those values in a file under the users' folder in the basedir.
Therefore I need to know which folder belongs to that user.
We don't want and cannot use the "save parameter option" in MRE for different reasons.

Thanks in advance

Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I would add the following two lines to the Custom Settings via WF Administration Console > Configuration > Custom Settings:

<set> IBIMR_domain (pass)
<set> IBIMR_user (pass)

This will give you the two variables that provide the MRE Base Directory path (e.g. "D:/ibi/WebFOCUS53/basedir") and the MRE User ID.

Each user has a folder directly under the MRE Base Directory, so for user fmst1, the path would be "D:/ibi/WebFOCUS53/basedir/fmst1".

But I don't think I would put non-MRE generated code in these folders. I would create a separate directory structure, outside MRE.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server

Posts: 10577 | Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: April 27, 2005Report This Post
<JJI>
posted
Hi Francis,

I already use IBIMR_domain and IBIMR_user in the site.wfs with the to pass the domain and the user-id. But that's not my problem. I realy need to find the name of the user folder (=folder where the myreports are saved).
I know it's dangerous to save the preferences-file in the basedir itself, but the user folder does not contain any refs to other files or folders. So I think the risk is minimal. Besides that, it gives me also another advantage. If the login-id of a user changes the user folder will not change names and the previous saved prefs will still be available. But then again I need to find the name of that folder first Sweating
Is there a list of variables used in MRE. I found some of the MRE variables in the API guide, but not the one I'm looking for. If such variable does not exists is there another way to find the name of that folder?

Any help is welcome,

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Dirk: I hope this helps. Greg

Request Parameter
Value
Description

IBIMR_action
MR_RUN_FEX
Required. Used to invoke the run action for reports created in the Report Assistant and Graph Assistant tools.

IBIMR_sub_action
MR_STD_REPORT
Required. Used to specify the report type to be run from the Managed Reporting repository.

IBIMR_fex
directory/standardreportname.fex
Required. Used to locate the standard report in the Managed Reporting Repository. For example, app/test.fex.

IBIMR_folder
HREF of Standard Report Group Folder
Required. The Group Folder HREF is usually in the form of the domain HREF followed by a pound sign (#) and a twelve character folder name. For example, #testk1am7s3i.

IBIMR_domain
The domain HREF in which the report being processed is stored.
Required.

The domain HREF is usually in the form of an eight character domain directory name, a slash, and an eight character domain file name followed by an extension (for example, domainon/domainon.htm or untitled/untitled.htm).

IBIMR_random
A random number.
Required. Used to prevent caching.

IBIMR_returntype
Valid values are XML and MRCGI
Optional. Used to specify the format of the result set. The default is MRCGI.

Greg

current client: WF 8.1.05 & 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 7 - MRE / BID - IE11

local: WF 8.2 - Windows 7 64bit - Tomcat 6 - MRE / BID - FOCUS - IE11

PMF 8

Posts: 274 | Location: Boston/New England | Registered: February 12, 2006Report This Post