Focal Point
[SOLVED] Anyone know how to freeze panes

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6227010776

June 29, 2015, 03:49 PM
Ryan K.
[SOLVED] Anyone know how to freeze panes
I created a report that outputs as an HTML. Does anyone know of an easy way to freeze panes so when I scroll down the top row is always visible?

Thank you in advance

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
June 29, 2015, 03:54 PM
Francis Mariani
If you mean you want to freeze the column title row, look at the HFREEZE WF style-sheet attribute:

Creating Reports With WebFOCUS Language > Using Headings, Footings, Titles, and Labels > Creating Headings and Footings > Freezing HTML Headings, Footings, and Column Titles

TYPE=REPORT,HFREEZE={OFF|ON|TOP|BOTTOM},[SCROLLHEIGHT={AUTO|nn[.n]}], $
where:

HFREEZE=OFF
Does not freeze the heading, column titles, grand totals, and footing. OFF is the default value.

HFREEZE=ON
Freezes the heading, column titles, grand totals, and footing.

HFREEZE=TOP
Freezes the heading and column titles.

HFREEZE=BOTTOM
Freezes the grand totals and footing.

SCROLLHEIGHT=AUTO
Automatically sizes the HFREEZE report within the browser page or the frame within the page.

nn[.n]
Is the height, in inches, of the scrollable area. The default is 4 inches.

This is undocumented but you can use HFREEZE to freeze the heading and column titles in EXL2K formatted reports.

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
June 29, 2015, 04:13 PM
Ryan K.
quote:
Hide P

Thank you worked out perfectly!

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
June 29, 2015, 04:44 PM
Ryan K.
OK one more question now. Do you know if it's possible to freeze 2 columns on the left? So my heading is frozen but I want to scroll right and still have a column or 2 on the left frozen

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
June 30, 2015, 04:37 AM
SSander
can be done only with AHTML format.

Release: WebFOCUS 8104, AppStudio: 8105
Output: HTML,Excel,Active Reports