Focal Point
how to call roll tree from web link

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6301097942

October 02, 2007, 01:51 PM
Sayed
how to call roll tree from web link
Hi,

How can I call a link to open roll tree?

I am able to open deffered window from a link by the following

< !-- HTML to call Deferred status interface -->
<head>
<title>Deferred Satus </title>
<script language="javascript">
	function goto()
	{
		window.location="/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIMR_action=MR_DEFER&IBIMR_return=html&IBIMR_sub_action=MR_DEFER_CONTROL&IBIMR_checkbox=checked&IBIMR_delay=5";

}

</script>

</head>

<BODY BGCOLOR="White"LEFTMARGIN=0 TOPMARGIN=0 onload="java_script:goto[);">
<TABLE
<TR>
<TD><FOND FACE="Arial,"Helvetidcda,sans-serif" SIZE="2">
< !--
<A HREF=/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIMR_action=MR_DEFER&IBIMR_return=html&IBIMR_sub_action=MR_DEFER_CONTROL&></A>

-->
</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>
</body>

Thanks,
Sayed

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE
October 02, 2007, 01:53 PM
Sayed

<html>
<!-- HTML to call Deferred status interface -->
<head>
<title>Deferred Satus </title>
<script language="javascript">
	function goto()
	{
		window.location="/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIMR_action=MR_DEFER&IBIMR_return=html&IBIMR_sub_action=MR_DEFER_CONTROL&IBIMR_checkbox=checked&IBIMR_delay=5";

}

</script>

</head>

<BODY BGCOLOR="White"LEFTMARGIN=0 TOPMARGIN=0 onload="javascript:goto();">
<TABLE
<TR>
<TD><FOND FACE="Arial,"Helvetidcda,sans-serif" SIZE="2">
<!--
<A HREF=/ibi_apps/WFServlet?IBIMR_action=MR_DEFER&IBIMR_return=html&IBIMR_sub_action=MR_DEFER_CONTROL&></A>

-->
</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>
</body>

</html>

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE
October 02, 2007, 02:04 PM
Fernando
Sayed,

This opens the tree:

openWindow('WORP_StandaloneTree.jsp?Standalone=DOMAIN_LIST&WORP_MPV=aa_gbv&', 'jsp', 'TREE');

I suspect that it may do the role tree depending on how you set up the dashboard view.

aa_gbv corresponds to the dashboard view name.

Fernando

Prod WF 8.1.04, QA WF 8.2.03, Dev WF 8.2.03
October 02, 2007, 02:14 PM
Sayed
quote:
openWindow('WORP_StandaloneTree.jsp?Standalone=DOMAIN_LIST&WORP_MPV=aa_gbv&', 'jsp', 'TREE');

Fernando,

I get a error on page. How do I run your code? My javascript skills are limited.

Thanks,
Sayed

October 02, 2007, 03:58 PM
Francis Mariani
Why not use the links that can be added to/removed from the dashboard banner via the Dashboard ViewBuilder rather than create your own links?

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
October 02, 2007, 04:16 PM
Sayed
Francis,

The client is looking for more flexability on dashboard customization. We are having issues with 10+ tabs, I know you remember that issue https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/...1057331/m/4721036942

We already got the deffered to work. Now, if we can get role tree to work, we can make our own page with 10+ tabs in any layout we want.

Thanks,
Sayed

October 02, 2007, 05:30 PM
Francis Mariani
Sayed, the links in the Dashboard banner have nothing to do with the number of tabs in the Dashboard view. The automatically generated links would provide you with links to Deferred Status and Role Tree in new windows.

This is the generated hyperlink for the Tree in WebFOCUS 5.3.2 (it may be different for 7.6.2:

<A HREF="javascript:void(0)" onClick="javascript:openWindow('WORP_StandaloneTree.jsp?Standalone=DOMAIN_LIST&WORP_MPV=ai_gbv&', 'jsp', 'TREE');">
Tree</A>

This is for the Deferred Status window:

<A HREF="javascript:void(0)"
   onClick="javascript:openWindow('WORP_REQUEST_TYPE=WORP_LAUNCH_CGI&IBIMR_action=MR_DEFER&IBIMR_sub_action=MR_DEFER_CONTROL&', 'servlet', 'DEFERRED_STATUS');">
Deferred Status</A>

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
October 03, 2007, 01:33 PM
Sayed
Hello Francis,

I am still unable to call the role tree successfully. Do you have a sample page?

Thanks,
Sayed