Focal Point
[CLOSED] cloned a 8.2.01m pre-authenticated development server for production

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6307050886

October 17, 2017, 02:38 PM
Hawk
[CLOSED] cloned a 8.2.01m pre-authenticated development server for production
I cloned my 8.2 pre-authenticated development server to use for production. I have updated my config files to point to the proper repository. I can get into ibi_apps, but I have to enter in username and password. I am using IIS for my pre-authentication and apache.

When I enter servername/ibi_apps/bip/portal/Insight on my production environment. It takes it right to the portal. On the production environment, it asks for a login. I believe I have to change a setting on my IIS using the IIS manager. Can someone point to a setting I should look at please. The connection name is the name of the development server, but it is pointing to the localhost. So that shouldn't matter.

Thank you

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8.2.01M
Windows, All Outputs
October 17, 2017, 09:12 PM
FP Mod Chuck
Hawk

Make sure your \ibi\WebFOCUS82\config\securitysettings.xml have formAuthEnabled value of false and preAuthEnabled true. Edit the tomcat server.xml file and add tomcateAuthentication="false" to the following line

connector port="8009" protocol="AJP/1.3"
tomcatAuthentication="false" redirectPort="8443" />

With IIS make sure the Web Server authentication has windows enabled and anonymous disabled.

Recylce both IIS and Tomcat Windows services

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
October 18, 2017, 04:45 AM
Hawk
Chuck

My securitysettings.xml does not match your suggestions and my anonymous is enabled on IIS, but I compared my production settings match my development settings and my development is working as desired. So I am hesitant to make those changes. I will keep these suggestions in mind while I do some more research.

WebFOCUS 8.2.01M
Windows, All Outputs
October 18, 2017, 10:37 AM
FP Mod Chuck
Hi Hawk

It is documented in the security administration manual under external authentication to use the method I outlined. Not sure how it is working in your development environment.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats