Focal Point
Input file from user's PC

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6311094132

June 07, 2007, 01:35 PM
Phillip Ho
Input file from user's PC
We're running Webfocus on USS/zOS. Currently, if a user have created a flat file to be use as a filter or input to the fex, it's my understanding that the file needs to be on zOS. At runtime, is it possible when the user execute the fex to have a pop-up window requesting the location of the input file on their PC instead of having the file on zOS?
June 07, 2007, 02:23 PM
Alan B
My understanding is that the file will need to be transferred (uploaded) to the server. So a pop-up can request the user to point to the file and then upload.

Of course the question is where do you put it so the process can get hold of it.

There are PHP and ASP pieces of code for uploading files if you GOOGLE around a bit.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007
June 07, 2007, 03:35 PM
TexasStingray
There is a NEW Feature in WebFOCUS 7.6.1 Dashboard (CUS) that will allow a user upload a file to the server and even create a Master File Description to then use that file.

Scott

Thank you all for you responses.

Alan - I was thinking the same method but I was hoping that would be a better approach within WF. I wanted a one-step approach instead of a two-step approach. Trying to make things easier for the end users.

TexasStingray - I will take a look into WF 7.6.1. Thanks.