Focal Point
[SOLVED] Frame width changes with browser resizing

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/63410518

April 14, 2009, 02:16 PM
JohnB
[SOLVED] Frame width changes with browser resizing
Is it possible to have a frame in a launch page change its length when the browser window is resized?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JohnB,

WF 7.7.03, Windows 7, HTML, Excel, PDF
April 15, 2009, 03:38 AM
GamP
I have something similar, only in my case it does not concern resizing, but just when populating the iframes. My setup is such that I always have 3 reports on the page, 2 tabular and 1 graph. The length of these vary. The following bit of javascript is in my page and gets activated immediately after the last iframe has recevied its contents.
// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// All FRAMES are complete. Find out the length of the content of each frame and alter the height accordingly
// ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
var posTopNew = 0;
function resizeFrames() {
  clearTimeout(timer);
//Find out the top position of the first frame.
  posTopNew = parseInt(document.getElementById('report1').style.top);
  setFrameProperties('report1');
  setFrameProperties('report2');
  setFrameProperties('graph1');
}

function setFrameProperties(obj) {
  tmpObj    = document.getElementById(obj);
//Find out the height of the content of the frame
  newHeight = tmpObj.contentWindow.document.body.scrollHeight;
//Set the height of the frame accordingly (+5 for margin)
  tmpObj.style.height = newHeight + 5;
  tmpObj.style.top = parseInt(posTopNew);
  tmpTop    = tmpObj.style.top;
  tmpHeight = tmpObj.style.height;
//posTopNew now is the start position of the next frame
  posTopNew = parseInt(tmpTop) + parseInt(tmpHeight) + 5;
}

I hope that you can use this code to at least get an idea of how you could meet your requirement.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988
April 15, 2009, 04:55 PM
Waz
Instead of using top, height, left, width, you can use pixelTop, pixelHeight, pixelWidth and pixelLeft. These are already integers, and do not need to be parsed.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

April 16, 2009, 12:09 PM
Moogle
When you are in the HTML Layout Painter / Composer, select the object (IE. iframe) that you wish to have dynamically sized. In the properties panel, find width. Enter something like 95%. Do the same for height; maybe 80%. You can also use percentages for the starting position values.

Run the page and you will have a dynamically resized iframe, based on the window size and screen resolution.

Enjoy.

-WebFOCUS 8.2.01 on Windows