Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     BLANK RECORDS IN OLAP

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
BLANK RECORDS IN OLAP
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all,
When i drilldown after sorting a clomun in OLAP i get a blank table please help.
Below is an extract from my program:

-OLAP ON
OLAP DIMENSIONS
VALN: VALN, DOCDSC, POT ;
SIZE: NEW_SIZE_DSC, DOCDSC, POT;
END

WF 7.1 WINXP AS400 DB2

Posts: 6 | Location: South Africa | Registered: June 19, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Kerry,

I am using Webfocus 7.1. I need to understand the basics. Why am i getting a blank table when i drilldown after a sort? Below is an extract from my code.

Thanks

-OLAP ON
OLAP DIMENSIONS
VALN: VALN, DOCDSC, POT ;
SIZE: NEW_SIZE_DSC, DOCDSC, POT;
END

TABLE FILE HOLDFILE
SUM VALUE
AND COMPUTE AVP/P14.2S=VALUE/SSV;
PCTCTS AS '% DOC'
BY PARCEL_YEAR
BY VALN
BY NEW_SIZE_GRP NOPRINT
BY NEW_SIZE_DSC AS 'SIZE'
ON TABLE SUMMARIZE
ON TABLE SET PAGE-NUM OFF
ON TABLE SET ONLINE-FMT HTML
ON TABLE SET HTMLCSS ON
ON TABLE SET AUTODRILL ON
ON TABLE SET OLAPPANE TOP
ON TABLE SET STYLE *

WF 7.1 WINXP AS400 DB2

posted Hide Post
Chabi,

You may have to verify from the body of your OLAP report if the value you want to select from the dimension drop down list, is actually in the body of the report. For example, I had displayed my dimensional fields on the top panel above the OLAP report. When I would drill down from a column in the actual OLAP report, the dimensional drop down boxes would still show all of the data values for the field in the total result set, even when after the drill down from the OLAP report didn't show these values after the drill down. If I were to then select an improper value (where filter) from the dimensional drop down list the results of the report would of course return no data. This was a result of the dimensional boxes not recalucating after the drill down. You may have to verify in your report output if all the values in the dimensional exist in your report population first. Is this your problem?

Posts: 14 | Location: West Palm Beach | Registered: March 02, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Joao,

Are you saying the the compute in my OLAP could be causing this? How can i go around this?

Thanks.

WF 7.1 WINXP AS400 DB2

posted Hide Post
Chabi,

A couple of things. In your dimension fields you repeat DOCDSC & POT DOWN. You may NOT want the fields in your dimesnional sort hierhacry to go down divergent paths. I believe you will have duplicate boxes of the same values for filtering if you show OLAP dimensional boxes.

Also I believe the available values in your dimensional drop down boxes may not always be representative of valid values in your report. For example using the car file example, if you have a dimensional hierhacy of geography and one of car models and you first select and filter on the car puegeot you will still be able to select england as a country. I believe this is because the boxes are not chained together. Thus these 2 selections for OLAP filters will return a blank report. Thus you need to view the data in your report to ascertain what are valid filters.

However are you saying that you are receiving a blank report when you attempted to drill down on your measure of AVP?

Posts: 14 | Location: West Palm Beach | Registered: March 02, 2005Report This Post