Focal Point
Launch Page Not Working Properly After Migration Webfocus 7.6.9 to Webfocus 7.6.10

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6357003906

September 05, 2011, 01:00 AM
Srikanth
Launch Page Not Working Properly After Migration Webfocus 7.6.9 to Webfocus 7.6.10
The Launch Page is acting weirdly just after the patches happened some of the things happeining are listed below:
i)list box seem to be blank at times.
ii)Report seems to give wrong validations.
iii)Output seems to give a Blank page.

Please tell me if anyone has been facing these errors.

Webfocus 7.6.10
Windows XP

Webfocus 769/windows XP
all output
September 05, 2011, 03:09 AM
Ramkumar - Webfous
This happens on Migration.

This might be because of the External procedures, what you use for generating XML Data to populate your list boxes might not be working properly.

Go on a step by step debugging. try to check the data population first. Then the Chaining, if implemented... Then Try to print the parameters using -? & and test whether they are passed correctly. At last the report.

One more thing, With 7.6.10 you need to put .EVAL for &variables as required. It is not as like 7.6.9.

Thanks,

Ramkumar.
WebFOCUS/Tableau
Webfocus 8 / 7.7.02
Unix, Windows
HTML/PDF/EXCEL/AHTML/XML/HTML5
September 07, 2011, 04:39 AM
Srikanth
Thanks for your reply ram.....But i have checked all the steps that you have mentioned but its not working.We are using Stored procedures to get that the data i.e through SQL pass through . Do you have anyother suggestions ?
Thanks

Webfocus 769/windows XP
all output