Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Add a Field in Metadata View and conver string to Date and create a filter

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Add a Field in Metadata View and conver string to Date and create a filter
 Login/Join

Guru
posted
I need to create a report where I just need subset of data from meta data,so I created a View. Now I realized that my date field in meta data is A10. I want to convert this field to YYMD and create a filter where date > 01-01-2010. However, when I add the virtual field i am getting error when I want to look at sample data. Any suggestions?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows
HTML

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Why is your field seen as a A10 in the metadata? Is it not an actual date in your database?

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2
Test: Dev. Studio 8008 /Windows 7 (Local) Output:HTML, EXL2K.

Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why is your field seen as a A10 in the metadata

I am not sure and yes it is date in the database. So lets say I change the formate for the column to YYMD and usage YYMD. I am still not able to write the filter. So many problems with date manipulation. I can do these things so easily using SQL or SQL SRS.

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows
HTML

Guru
posted Hide Post
Try this...

Alpha format date

WF 8.x and 7.7.x Win/UNIX/AS400, MRE/Portal/Self-Service, IIS/Tomcat, WebSphere, IWA, Realmdriver, Active Directory, Oracle, SQLServer, DB2, MySQL, JD Edwards, E-BIZ, SAP BW, R/3, ECC, ESSBASE

Posts: 285 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
format for the column to YYMD and usage YYMD
I'd use FORMAT = YYMD and ACTUAL = DATE.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988

Posts: 1961 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: September 25, 2007Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
se FORMAT = YYMD and ACTUAL = DATE.

It still doesnt work.

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows
HTML

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Please show us the masterfile content, your TABLE FILE statement, the SQL statement generated by the trace or whatever errors you're getting. That'll eliminate the guess-work.

Prod/Dev: WF Server 8008/Win 2008 - WF Client 8008/Win 2008 - Dev. Studio: 8008/Windows 7 - DBMS: Oracle 11g Rel 2

Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
lease show us the masterfile content, your TABLE FILE statement, the SQL statement generated by the trace or whatever errors you're getting. That'll eliminate the guess-work.

FIELDNAME=DATE, ALIAS=Date, USAGE=DATE, ACTUAL=DATE,
      MISSING=ON, $
    FILTER FILTER1  WITH DIM_TIME.DIM_TIME_KEY=DATE GT 01-01-2010 AND DATE LT &DATE; $ 

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows
HTML

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Based on GamP's suggestion, shouldn't this line be:

FIELDNAME=DATE, ALIAS=Date, USAGE=YYMD, ACTUAL=DATE, MISSING=ON, $

I don't like much having a field called "DATE"; it may be confusing or even refused in some environments if considered a reserved word.

Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
SSING=ON, $

You are right NJSDEN. I was wrong. its accepinting the filter value. However, when I access parameter screen its still showing me all dates instead of filterdated.

For example:
Date field has dates from 2004 to 2012. I only wana see dates between 2010 & todays date. I was assuming this filter will limit the data, but I think I am using filters wrongly. DO i need to associate this filter with the column?
Arif

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows
HTML