Focal Point
report footing

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6391035581

September 13, 2006, 03:40 PM
Bethany
report footing
Is there any way to have the report footing immediately follow the page footing on the same page rather than always having the report footing begin on a new page?

DevStudio 7.1.3

Server Environment: Win2K3 Server WebFOCUS 7.13 Apache Tomcat standalone application server
September 13, 2006, 03:50 PM
Nightowl
I'm a bit confused. What do you mean by Report footing versus page footing?

Using: WF 7.1.5, XP Pro, Tomcat, Self Serve
September 13, 2006, 04:05 PM
Bethany
I have a field that I want to put into the report footing (as opposed to the page footing) since I only want it to appear one time at the end of the report, BUT I want it to follow the data portion of the report (there isn't any page footing) immediately instead of on a new page.

Server Environment: Win2K3 Server WebFOCUS 7.13 Apache Tomcat standalone application server
September 13, 2006, 04:59 PM
Nightowl
I was able to reproduce your problem by using both a page footing (at the very bottom of each page) and then adding a report footing which shows up on the next page (yuck). You mentioned that there is no page footing in your report so I took that out and the report footing works as you wanted. Are you sure there is no page footing code in your fex somewhere? Even a blank footing line will cause the report footing to go to the next page.

September 13, 2006, 04:59 PM
Kamesh
Show your pagenumber information in FOOTING and show the report parameter information in TABLE SUBFOOT.

Then use PRINTPLUS=ON

ex:
SET PRINTPLUS=ON

TABLE FILE CAR
PRINT CAR MODEL
BY COUNTRY
FOOTING
"Page ON TABLE SUBFOOT
"END OF REPORT"
END

Hope this helps

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat
September 13, 2006, 05:05 PM
Nightowl
Thanks Kamesh,

SET PRINTPLUS=ON

is the secret.
Page footings and Report footings together work now.

Bethany, over to you ...

September 13, 2006, 05:10 PM
Prarie
Well that was a nice thing to know. Good One

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003
A million thank yous!