Focal Point
[CLOSED] wrap text in alpha file

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/640103512

August 20, 2009, 10:03 AM
Mark1
[CLOSED] wrap text in alpha file
Hello,
I am exporting a pipe delimited alpha file to one of my clients. Apparently, anything after field X needs to be wrapped down to the next line. Does anybody know how to make wrapping work in WF so that my alpha file will look right?

I tried creating two hold files (one with the first record and one with the second record), then MATCH merging them together, but that didn't work. Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Windows version 768
August 20, 2009, 10:26 AM
GinnyJakes
I think you are on the right track though. Add a dummy key to your hold files. Make it 1 for the primary row and 2 for the second row.

Then use MORE or Universal Concatenation to put them together, sorting and noprinting by the dummy key. Don't forget HOLDLIST PRINTONLY.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
August 20, 2009, 10:39 AM
Mark1
Yeah, that is what I am working on now... although I have a bunch of records... not just two. So, what I need to do is make the counter in hold file 1 to be all odd numbers (1,3,5, etc.). Then the counter in hold file 2 to be all even numbers (2,4,6...). Then MORE them together and sort by counter. Does anybody know how to make the counter fields look like this?

Windows version 768
August 20, 2009, 12:17 PM
GinnyJakes
One more question. Will you have more than 2 output rows for each input?

Also the MacGyver technique might help you here.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google