Focal Point
[CLOSED using jQuery instead] HTML Composer: "Simple" Horizontal Slider

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6407025076

May 07, 2014, 03:43 PM
Francis Mariani
[CLOSED using jQuery instead] HTML Composer: "Simple" Horizontal Slider
Create a new control and select a "simple" horizontal slider. The user cannot see the the number set by sliding the "simple" slider until the report it run. What's the point of this? Wouldn't it make more sense to have the amount show, even for a "simple" slider?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
May 07, 2014, 03:46 PM
Doug
It definitely would make sense to have the amount shown.

Isn't there a parameter for that, like: Show Value?
May 07, 2014, 04:58 PM
Francis Mariani
None that I can see.

Francis

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
May 12, 2014, 12:04 PM
dhagen
I don't get it. If you want a number, then why use a slider? Why not an input box for it.

Or, maybe I am just misinterpreting the purpose of a slider.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott
May 12, 2014, 12:11 PM
Francis Mariani
One might not want the user to enter text in a text box that must be validated - make sure what's entered is numeric and within a certain range. I used a jQuery slider that's nicer than the HTML Composer one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Francis Mariani,

Francis