Focal Point
Task Error Question - Task error Pcb2: java.net SocketException.Connection reset

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6411076132

June 08, 2007, 05:13 PM
<m_blythe>
Task Error Question - Task error Pcb2: java.net SocketException.Connection reset
I am getting the task error, Task error Pcb2: java.net SocketException.Connection reset, when I run a scheduled job through ReportCaster in my production environment. I can manually run the fex from Developer Studio in my development environment and I can manually run a schedule of the report through ReportCaster in my development environment, but when I try to run it in production, I get that task error. I have tried stopping/restarting the web and application servers, recreating the schedule, remigrating the fex, thinking it had somehow gotten corrupted. But so far nothing is working. Anyone experience this?
June 09, 2007, 02:07 PM
Leah
Well let's try this again, my original response died. The Java Socket exception can be a pain. What version of WebFOCUS are you? In our world until we went to 5.3.6 we got them a lot and often in code that had worked well for weeks if not years. Seemed if you touched the code in some way such as inserting a space after the date in the header before the double quote marks or just retyped a line of code the job would run fine. There is a difference between report caster and other WebFOCUS components at least in the 5... world. I empathize with you completely in trying to find the answer.

Leah
June 10, 2007, 11:27 PM
newtofocus
I would first check if the prod and test environments are running the same components at the same release level.

WF7.1.4 Prod/Test, MRE, self serve, DM