Focal Point
[SOLVED]IMAGE in Header in same position for PDF/EXL2K/EXL07

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6437007376

November 26, 2014, 01:52 PM
Michele Brooks
[SOLVED]IMAGE in Header in same position for PDF/EXL2K/EXL07
I have a company logo image that I use for reports that are output in either PDF, EXL2K or EXL07. I need the position of the image to be in the same spot in all three formats (top left of heading). Is there a way to do this or to get the position of the image to be as consistently close as possible? Thanks.

Windows XP and Windows 7
WF 8007

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Michele Brooks,

WF 8205, Windows 10
Oracle DBMS
EXL07/PDF Output
December 29, 2014, 08:06 AM
Michele Brooks
The problem I was having was that the logo image appeared too far up from the top left corner of the page of the report. The problem was solved by editing the logo image in Paint and moving it down which created blank space before the logo image. This edited version of the logo image was used for the EXL07 and EXL2K report formats. I could not use the edited version of the logo image for the PDF report. The original version was used. The position of the logo image was adjusted by changing the top margin and using the POSITION statement in the stylesheet to get the position of the logo image on the PDF report to closely resemble the position of logo image in the Excel reports.

WF 8205, Windows 10
Oracle DBMS
EXL07/PDF Output
December 30, 2014, 03:01 AM
Dave
You also could have left the image intact and apply a different stylesheet for each output format...

pseudocode

-IF &FORMAT EQ 'PDF' THEN CONTINUE ELSE END_PDF
position = x,y
size = x,y
-END_PDF

-IF &FORMAT EQ 'EXL' THEN CONTINUE ELSE END_EXL
position = x,y
size = x,y
-END_EXL

January 05, 2015, 10:12 AM
Michele Brooks
I am already doing that. Still, the actual logo image had to be modified for EXL07 format because the margin settings in WF were overwritten by the default Excel margins after the report opened up in Excel. Thanks for your input.

WF 8205, Windows 10
Oracle DBMS
EXL07/PDF Output