Focal Point
[CLOSED] IRR calculation

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6467088516

January 26, 2012, 10:05 AM
ReddyP
[CLOSED] IRR calculation
Hi,
Did anyone deal with IRR calculations?
We have IRR function with in WebFOCUS but we cannot use it in infoassist environment.
Is there anyway to do it manually with computes?

Thank you.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ReddyP,

7.7.01,windows2008 R2
January 26, 2012, 12:45 PM
Doug
Please define, or elaborate on, what "IRR" is and what you need from it.
"Internal Rate of Return", right?

COMPUTE would be my first guess...

Some FocalPoint posts on "Internal Rate of Return" are here.
January 26, 2012, 06:47 PM
ReddyP
Hi Doug,
Yes, I need internal rate of return calculation in info assist environment.
Problem is internal rate of return needs looping through the calculation and looping does not work in infoassist.
I can design a standard report but the user does not want a standard report because they would loose the adhoc reporting functionality.
I am trying to convince the user to take the standard report approach.

7.7.01,windows2008 R2
January 26, 2012, 07:04 PM
dhagen
Construct a report that does the looping to get your calculation and finish with an ON TABLE PCHOLD. Then deploy the report as a WFRS web service. You can then map the WFRS web service back to WF and deploy as a synonym. Have IA go against that synonym.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott
January 27, 2012, 07:17 AM
ReddyP
Unfortunately, that method would not work for me because IRR calculations are based on the filters and sorts that the users select. In other words, IRR have to be calculated on the fly based on the data that would be returned.

Thank you.

7.7.01,windows2008 R2
January 30, 2012, 07:26 AM
ReddyP
Opened a case with IBI on this. They asked us to submit IRR for infoassist as a new feature request.

7.7.01,windows2008 R2