Focal Point
[CLOSED] FEX Versioning

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6477027176

July 17, 2014, 02:33 PM
Mikey
[CLOSED] FEX Versioning
i am trying to figure out a good way to version my report fex files. the ideal is so that it is captured in the Resource Analyzer tables so we can add it to our usage report. is this available in WebFocus?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Windows 7, PDF, Excel
July 23, 2014, 01:11 PM
Doug
Do you run different versions of the same fex? Or, is the "latest" version the only one that runs? I'm not sure what else to do other then changing the name to include the version number.
July 23, 2014, 01:40 PM
Mikey
We just keep the latest version in Production. I thought about adding the version to the name, but wanted to see if there was another option I didnt know about. Maybe they will one day add an optional version box like the Name, Title and Summary boxes...

Windows 7, PDF, Excel
July 23, 2014, 01:47 PM
Doug
Or, maybe Resource Analyzer would add the creation or modified date to the capture of fex execution... Maybe that's there now and we just don't know it? After all, I don't use RA... So, check out the possibilities...
July 30, 2014, 06:49 AM
Mikey
There is no versioning entries in Resource Analyzer. We can get the name of the fex and dates executed, but no option for a version.

Adding the version to the fex name is not ideal, any other suggestions?

Windows 7, PDF, Excel