Focal Point
[SOLVED by case] WCF services accessible using WebFocus web services connector?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6477027895

February 14, 2011, 04:38 PM
Greg Sanders
[SOLVED by case] WCF services accessible using WebFocus web services connector?
For several years we have been running a WebFocus procedure that calls a SOAP web service to retrieve a SQL statement. Then it passes the SQL statement to our Sql Server database to fetch the data. Now that Microsoft has deprecated the old SOAP .asmx web service format, we are trying to replicate this functionality using WCF, which is Microsoft's recommended replacement for the .asmx SOAP services. We created a WCF version of the old SOAP service. We know it works because it tests well using tools like WcfStorm. But when we call it from our WebFocus procedure, we get an error.

Two questions:

(1) Does WebFocus web services connector work with WCF services? If not, does anyone know if IBI plans to add that functionality?

(2) How can I tell the WebFocus procedure to display the value that it received from the WCF web service?

Thanks in advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WebFocus 7.6, Windows
all output
February 15, 2011, 03:30 PM
Waz
I would suggest opening a case with IBI and ask the question.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

February 15, 2011, 04:36 PM
Greg Sanders
Right, I did open an IBI tech support case after opening this thread. Tech support pointed me to the New Features document for WebFocus 7.7--which says WCF support is part of the 7.7 rollout. Thanks for your response.

WebFocus 7.6, Windows
all output