Focal Point
[Solved] Turn Off 'onclick' filter menus in active graphs?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6477073576

March 31, 2015, 02:45 PM
Ryan N
[Solved] Turn Off 'onclick' filter menus in active graphs?
Hello, I've read through all of the documentation for both graphs and active technology and not found a parameter for this. When I generate my active dashboard and view the HTML output, I can click on a series in a graph, which invokes a menu that has series labels and values in it. If one of the series on the menu is clicked, it seems to apply a filter and the chart goes blank with no way to get it back.

I tried

*GRAPH_JS
interaction:{
click: 'undefined'
}   

in the graph code but it did not suppress the behavior.

One thing to note is that those filter menus do not appear when I run the procedure directly from dev studio, only when the static html file is created from the active dashboard. I am using document composer syntax to generate the active dashboard.

Any insight much appreciated!
Ryan

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ryan N,

WF: WebFocus 8.0.02
InfoAssist, Dev Studio, Magnify, Portal/Dashboards, Mobile Favs
Data: DB2
Output: Multiple
April 28, 2015, 10:08 AM
Ryan N
Inserting this code snippet into the header of an active dashboard HTML document will suppress the menus for both charts and reports on iPads and desktop browsers.

<style type="text/css">div[class^="m0out"], div[class^="iosDIV"] {display: none !important;}</style>

In Section 8 of the Active Technologies User's Guide, "Controlling Active Technologies With Custom JavaScript Code" details how to insert custom javascript into an active dashboard. I was hoping to use that to insert this code into my files, but it doesn't work in our environment as detailed in the guide. I have a case open with IBI on the matter.

In the meantime we are manually inserting the code snippet into the file.

WF: WebFocus 8.0.02
InfoAssist, Dev Studio, Magnify, Portal/Dashboards, Mobile Favs
Data: DB2
Output: Multiple