Focal Point
How do I call an I-Way job from MRE?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/649108615

August 27, 2010, 09:56 AM
John_Edwards
How do I call an I-Way job from MRE?
I have I-Way data transforms that I want to present to the end-user with a spot for a couple of amper variables and a "Submit" button. I know how to create a submission page for MRE routines, I know how to create one for focexecs in a WF application folder. Are there system arguments unique to I-Way that I need to include in the web form?

S.

August 27, 2010, 11:36 AM
Darin Lee
Are you talking about a Data Migrator (DM)job? If so, those are really two very separate beasts. While you can put FOCUS procedures as part of a DM flow, it doesn't work the other way around.

Whatever process it is that you are allowing them to submit, I would make it a straight WF procedure using MODIFY as necessary. You lose some of the logging, but that is only available through DM, unless you specifically code procedures for that as well. However, I would be VERY careful about allowing a WF user to be updating your data as they desire. Most environments usually have more restrictions on data update capabilities.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
August 27, 2010, 12:08 PM
John_Edwards
It is indeed a Data Migrator routine. In this case it's appropriate to allow write access as it's the data admin dashboard and all it's doing is kicking off a process with a date range attached to it.

I don't want to rewrite and I don't want two versions of the software so I'm hoping to call the same routine. I can get it to go easily enough, but it appears that the first run is hobbling the ability to do a second one. I'm thinking that maybe I'm missing a variable of some sort.

Thanks for responding.

J.

August 30, 2010, 10:44 AM
Clif
When you Submit (which implies Release 7.7) a DataMigrator flow that contains amper variables from the DMC or WC you are automatically prompted for values for those variables.

N/A