Focal Point
[CLOSED] col titles & 'page' breaks - HTML - accessible=508

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6507057716

March 12, 2012, 04:08 PM
jano
[CLOSED] col titles & 'page' breaks - HTML - accessible=508
Understanding that ACCESSIBLE=508 disables column titles and pagination, I still need to get a heading on the logical break in the data, what would have been a page break in another formt.

I have tried subheads, and that gives me a break, but they are considered part of the report so no '' tags are created.

I need some suggestions, please!

P.S. Be kind, you are dealing with an HTML novice.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

WF7705, WF8008
zLinux
HTLM, Excel, PDF
March 12, 2012, 04:20 PM
Danny-SRL
Hi Jano and welcome to the forum.
quote:

I have tried subheads, and that gives me a break, but they are considered part of the report so no.

What do you mean by "part of the report"?
Could you repro your problem using the CAR file? It would help us understand what you are aiming at.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

March 13, 2012, 08:48 AM
j.gross
He wrote
"no <TH> tags are created"
but didn't "escape" the tag.

Normally, WF codes the column title cells, like the data cells, as TD tags. Section 508 compliancy requires that column-title cells be coded as TH tags, to indicate their descriptive role.

But the '508' setting also suppresses page-breaks, making the report a single continuous table (uninterrupted by page headings, page footings, and repetition of the column-title cell-row). -- That's overkill, since it degrades the rendition of the report for sighted users.

Section 508 Accessibility in WebFOCUS
WebFOCUS provides accessibility that meets the requirements set by Section 508. WebFOCUS complies with accessibility requirements as a result of the following features:

The ACCESSIBLE and ACCESSHTML SET parameters generate HTML report output that are Section 508 compliant. ... This HTML code automatically turns off pagination and column titles, page headings display only at the beginning of the report, and page footings are displayed only at the end of the report.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: j.gross,

- Jack Gross
WF through 8.1.05