Focal Point
Stress Testing in webfocus MR Domain Report

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6531025282

May 01, 2008, 10:56 AM
saikumar
Stress Testing in webfocus MR Domain Report
Hi,
I am Using WebFOCUS 7.1.4 Release.
When I entered into the Webconsole iam not able to see MRE Domains under APP Directrories for that particulat Environments.However iam able to see all reports available in EDASERVE.
If any one replied me with proper answer that would be great.

Thanks,
Saikumar.

WebFOCUS 8103 Appstudio, Dev Studio MRE
Client Windows 7, Serveron Unix.
Excel, PDF, HTML,AHTML
May 01, 2008, 11:06 AM
GinnyJakes
MRE domains are not available through the web console. The web console only points to the reporting server ibi/apps. The MRE domains are in something called basedir.

Use this URL:
http://your_web_server/ibi_apps/login/mr/mr_login.jsp?

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
May 01, 2008, 03:05 PM
saikumar
Thanks Ginny,This looks like it can be really useful
But as u said when i checked with URL it takes me into the Managed Reporting Home Page,where i can see the domains available in MRE.
However,iam not able to see Run Advanced-->Stress test options for the stress testing of the Reports.
Could you plz tell me where could i do stress test for MRE reports.

Thanks,
Saikumar.

Excel, PDF, HTML,AHTML
May 01, 2008, 04:18 PM
GinnyJakes
I don't think you can unless you copy the code over to Data Servers and run it from the Web Console.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
May 01, 2008, 09:16 PM
Brian Suter
We use the server facility to stress test MRE procedures, but it does require some editing of the HTI scripts. There is not an automatic generating facility (but I like that idea!).

Brian Suter
VP WebFOCUS Product Development
May 04, 2008, 09:12 AM
Danny-SRL
Saikumar,

If you map each individual MRE domain it will then appear in your APP directories (example if you have WebFocus 76, installed on your C disk):

APP MAP domain C:\ibi\WebFOCUS76\basedir\domain\app

where "domain" is the name of the domain you wish to map. Just be sure that you use the name on the disk.

Daniel
In Focus since 1982
wf 8.202M/Win10/IIS/SSA - WrapApp Front End for WF

May 06, 2008, 01:06 PM
Brian Suter
A FEX in MRE can have many extensions in it that are not directly supported by the server (like it's domian based -INCLUDES).

In general, it is not a good idea to have the server point directly at MRE files.

Brian Suter
VP WebFOCUS Product Development
May 12, 2008, 03:41 PM
saikumar
Thanks Danny that was worked for me.However i want conform that whether we can 'MAP' all of the Groups available in the MRE Domains using 'APP MAP'.

Thanks,
Saikumar.

Excel, PDF, HTML,AHTML