Focal Point
Multi-Selects and Drilldowns ~ 2

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6537020986

January 17, 2018, 07:15 PM
Doug
Multi-Selects and Drilldowns ~ 2
This is a follow-up to My previous post about this.

I'm drilling down from a chart to a report. The chart is a horizontal stacked bar with 4 segments as a SUM field1 field2 field3 field4 BY Field4 NOPRINT.

I need to change the where statements to: WHERE FieldName EQ &Variable.EVAL; (not: WHERE FieldName EQ &Variable.QUOTEDSTRING), and that's fine.

If I have the drop down list set to "Multiple: Multiple" and "Multiple Add Quotes: Yes" What do I use in the drill down lines when multiple selections are made?

1) TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N2, TARGET='_blank', FOCEXEC=FullPath/MyFex.fex(RptField='RptValue.EVAL'), $
2) TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N2, TARGET='_blank', FOCEXEC=FullPath/MyFex.fex(RptField=&RptValue.EVAL), $
3) TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N2, TARGET='_blank', FOCEXEC=FullPath/MyFex.fex(RptField=&RptValue.QUOTEDSTRING), $
4) TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N2, TARGET='_blank', FOCEXEC=FullPath/MyFex.fex(RptField='&RptValue'), $

Pick 1.

Thanks, Doug

In FOCUS Since 1983 ~ from FOCUS to WebFOCUS.
   Current: WebFOCUS Administrator at FIS Worldpay | 8204, 8206
January 18, 2018, 02:36 AM
Chaudhary
quote:
WHERE FieldName EQ &Variable.EVAL;

If we have the drop down list set to "Multiple: Multiple" and "Multiple Add Quotes: Yes" this will work in Where statement , and if you want to pass this variable(&Variable) in drill report we need QUOTEDSTRING .

But in your drill example you are using another variable "&RptValue" what will be the value for this variable ? selected stack bar's value or by fields value ?

WF Production :- WF:8.0.0.4, 8.1.05 App-studio/Developer Studio(8.1.x) ,
8.2.0.1M , 8.2.0.2 (App-Studio8.2.x),
InfoAssist/+, InfoDiscovery
Output format:-AHTML, PDF, Excel, HTML
Platform:-Windows 7, 8,10
January 18, 2018, 04:05 AM
Wep5622
Do you have dialog manager code in the value of your amper-variable or something? If not, then why the .EVAL?

If you do not actually need .EVAL, then option 3 should be the correct one to use.

If you do need .EVAL because of what's in the value of your amper-variable, then perhaps it's possible to handle the quotes-handling through another amper-variable inside your value. That amper-variable could then be passed along with your drilldowns for report-specific quotes handling.

For example:
-* Two single quotes
-SET &Q = '''''';
-SET &Value = 'Some Value';
-SET &RptValue = '&Q|Rpt&Value|&Q';

The trouble with that approach is that DM evaluates a single level of quotes when defining it as well as when passing it along in a drilldown, so it gets complicated determining how often you need to escape how many quotes to get the correct result...

WebFOCUS 8.1.03, Windows 7-64/2008-64, IBM DB2/400, Oracle 11g & RDB, MS SQL-Server 2005, SAP, PostgreSQL 11, Output: HTML, PDF, Excel 2010
: Member of User Group Benelux :
January 18, 2018, 08:08 AM
MartinY
As Wep stated, when using "Multiple: Multiple" and "Multiple Add Quotes: Yes" from a drop down list, option -3- should be the one to use from the parent fex.

TABLE FILE
TYPE=DATA, COLUMN=N2, TARGET='_blank', FOCEXEC=FullPath/MyFex.fex(RptField=&RptValue.QUOTEDSTRING), $
END

Then in the drilled fex you should have your WHERE clause similar to this

TABLE FILE
WHERE TestField EQ &RptField;
END

WF versions : Prod 8.2.04M gen 33, Dev 8.2.04M gen 33, OS : Windows, DB : MSSQL, Outputs : HTML, Excel, PDF
In Focus since 2007
January 18, 2018, 12:40 PM
Doug
Thanks Everyone. I'll check out this information and get back to this post with my final code.