Focal Point
[SOLVED] Mixing portrait and landscape PDF output with coordinated compound reports

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6557042766

February 11, 2014, 04:59 PM
RosemaryC
[SOLVED] Mixing portrait and landscape PDF output with coordinated compound reports
I have created a series of five reports that the users are able to run one at a time each from a link in a Java application. Now they are very interested in being able to run any combination of these reports and having *only one* PDF file with all the output.

The problem is that 4 of these reports are coordinated compound reports and one is a simple report. Two of the coordinated compound reports produce landscape output, two produce portrait output and the simple report produces portrait output. I know that I can create new coordinated compound reports that will combine the components of the two landscape reports to produce one output PDF. I can also create a series of coordinated compound reports that will handle the combinations of reports with portrait output.

My question is whether there is any way to combine the portrait-oriented reports with the landscape-oriented ones. My research so far indicates that it is not possible. However, before I tell the users that it cannot be done, I would like to know if anyone has any success with this or any ideas on how it might be accomplished.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS Version 7.6.4, OS AIX 5.3.0.0, output PDF, Excel
February 11, 2014, 05:13 PM
Waz
You can't do that with coordinated compound PDF's

I would suggest using something like PDFBOX to merge the separate outputs into one PDF document.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

February 12, 2014, 08:24 AM
RosemaryC
Thanks for the confirmation. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something. Thanks also for the software suggestion.

WebFOCUS Version 7.6.4, OS AIX 5.3.0.0, output PDF, Excel