Focal Point
[SOLVED] How does one conert a HYYMDs FIELD FORMAT to an interger format?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6571019113

December 29, 2008, 02:50 PM
IMblessed
[SOLVED] How does one conert a HYYMDs FIELD FORMAT to an interger format?
I have a field that is specified in the db as HYYMDs. I want to convert this to an I8 field and do not need the time. Then I have another field that is A25 which I will convert to an I8 format. Then I will uses both field to calculate number of dates between them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

EDA764 Release * Current Software:
Unix
December 29, 2008, 02:53 PM
IMblessed
I mean number of days between them not dates.

Unix
December 29, 2008, 03:02 PM
GinnyJakes
You would be better off converting the A25 using HINPUT to a date-time stamp then using HDIFF to get the number of days between them.

If you insist on only using the date portions, then I highly recommend that you convert them to smartdates, i.e. YYMD, then do a simple subtraction which will give you the number of days.

At any rate, browsing through the date chapter in the "Using Functions" manual might be a good thing for you to do.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
December 29, 2008, 03:12 PM
IMblessed
The field that is a25 does not have time stamped on it. I'm attempting to get rid of the time stamped on the HYYMDs field.

Unix
December 29, 2008, 03:18 PM
IMblessed
Thank you GinnyJakes. I will attempt to use the HINPUT.

Unix