Focal Point
appearance of the pop-up

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6581010112

February 02, 2007, 03:59 AM
<Andr33a>
appearance of the pop-up
Hello,
Can you help me with a suggestion concerning the appearance of the pop-up?
I have a report which shows the informations only for the date I choose from the invite window.
If the date Y, that I choose in the invite, is not in the database from which I extract the informations, I must show a pop-up message in which I tell the user that for the date Y that he selected doesn't exist any informations, but there are informations for a date X (where X is the closest date to the date Y ); If the user chooses from the pop-up message the option 'Yes',the report must be executed with the new date(that was suggested in the pop-up message - date X) and so the user will see the informations for the date X.
EX:
In invite Window I have the date: 10/02/2005
Suppose I use the table tbl1; In this table I don't have any information for the date 10/02/2005, but I have informations for the date 08/02/2005, 07/02/2005.
After I lance the report a pop-up message must appear, telling me that:
"There are no infos for the date 10/02/2005. Would you like to run the report with the date = 08/02/2005 ? "
If I choose "Yes", the date 08/02/2005 must be retransmitted as a parameter for the report and the report shows the informations for the date 08/02/2005.

Thanks,
Andreea
February 02, 2007, 07:52 AM
OPALTOSH
Use something like:

-IF &LINES EQ 0 GOTO EXIT;
-HTMLFORM BEGIN
Put HTML code here which displays your message, and propmts for the yes or no and then invokes another Fex.
Include the &variable with the new date as a hidden variable in the HTML so it gets passed to the fex.

-HTMLFORM END

-EXIT