Focal Point
[SOLVED] Update Assist problem with Static Lists in Key Values

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/660103953

February 02, 2010, 09:47 AM
Dave Kempin
[SOLVED] Update Assist problem with Static Lists in Key Values
Disclosure: I have very little MAINTAIN experience.

I'm trying to use Update Assist to populate an underlying SQL 2005 table using the Wizard. 4 key values, 6 non-key values. When I create an edit for a key value and use a static list, the values display correctly in the drop down: ie: blue, black, red, white. However, what gets written to the database isn't blue, black, red or white - it is 1,2,3 or 4 - the position of the variable in the list.

I'd like to use dynamic lists vs static but it appears to give me locks in SQL as soon as it tries to retrieve data (different issue though..)

Has anyone seen this with key values and static drop down lists? I suppose I could decode it on the back end, but if the look up values ever change, it would throw everything off. What I really want is "blue, black, red, or white" written to the database, not 1,2,3 or 4.

Thanks!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dave Kempin,

WebFOCUS 7.6.1
AIX / Windows 2003
February 02, 2010, 01:24 PM
Maintain Wizard
Hi Dave
I have seen this problem before and I know that it was fixed in a later release. The first option is to upgrade. Can you open the generated MNT file in the MDE? The problem SHOULD be in the case GETSTACK.

The problem is, the field is being populated with the index and not the value. In the current release, this is what I see. Maintain is computing the value of the field TITLE to the selected item in the list.

Compute FieldName = "MOVINFO_TITLE_Edit" ;
Compute optionStk_index = IWC.GetAppCGIValue (FieldName);
Compute MOVINFOStk.MOVINFO.TITLE = MOVINFO_TITLE_Edit_optionStk(optionStk_index);

What are you seeing in your code? You may have to edit that line to make it look like mine.

If you are truly stuck zip up and send me the MAS and MNT files.

Mark
Mark_Derwin@IBI.Com
February 04, 2010, 04:13 PM
Dave Kempin
Thanks Mark - you nailed this one! That is exactly what the issue was.

WebFOCUS 7.6.1
AIX / Windows 2003