Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Image in Excel
 Login/Join

<Ashish>
posted
Hi everybody.
I m very New to Webfocus
I have to generate reports in excel with a image in it.
I m using the
DEFINE FILE HOLD
IMG1/A100 WITH COUNTRY='';
ENDIMG1/A100 WITH COUNTRY='';
In my code and using the IMG1 tag in the heading part.
but the problem is that the logo disappers whenever im going out of the network.
can some one tell me More realiable meathod to generate Excel reports with image.
I searched another meathod, in which some one told to use templet, by inserting the image in excel and calling it in the report.
But it gives error the '"NOT A VALID TEMPLET"

PLs Help me .......
its Very Urgent...
Thanks in advance

Report This Post
<Ashish>
posted
IMG1/A100 WITH COUNTRY='Razzerort/approot/securities_lending/logo123.gi>';
ENDIMG1/A100 WITH COUNTRY='';
This is the path...

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Here's a define that works for me.

IMG/A120=IF '&OUTPUT' EQ 'EXL2K' THEN ''
ELSE IF '&OUTPUT' EQ 'PDF' THEN 'bcm_logo.gif'
ELSE '';

Copy the image to the same directory as the focexec. Let us know what release you're using also.
Good Luck!

WebFOCUS 7.6.6/TomCat/Win2k3

Posts: 428 | Location: Springfield, MA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
<Ashish>
posted
after THEN do i have to give Image name or my server path where image is kept..

Can u re Post it

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
AFTER THEN ....

'!IMG SRC=''http://imwfpr02:80/approot/RIS/bcmlogo.gif''>'

Note: I replaced the left caret before IMG statement with an exclamation point.

Posts: 428 | Location: Springfield, MA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Ashish ,
the problem you describe comes from the fact that you aren't actually embedding the image into excel, you are putting a reference to that image into excel.
the images appear to be on your intranet, therefore when you are 'outside your network', nothing on your intranet is available to the internet.
Excel, in webfocus, needs to use the EMBED feature of excel to actully put an image into the document. It doesn't. Other languages do. Focus doesn't, and no matter how much we ask for this feature, we are ignored.
The solution we have come up with, is to park copies of all of our images onto a single extranet site, so that they will be available outsite the office network, and the image tag reference in excel references that extranet site. but that doesn't solve the problem of controlling placement and cell overflow in excel. EMBED of course would solve everything.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
<Ashish>
posted
susahan do u know how to EMBED it in excel..
I searched the templet meathod...
In which i m putting the image in the excel and saving it asd templet . in fex i m calling the output in that templet. But this meathod is working for some ppl..But for me it s showing
" Not a Valid Web archive File templet" ...
I Think its a version problem
Pls help...
Its very urgent...

Report This Post
<Ashish>
posted
carol
When i used ur code
DEFINE FILE HOLD
IMG1/A100 WITH COUNTRY='logo123.gif';
END

It shows logo123.gif in output not the image

Report This Post
<Ashish>
posted
Carol...
I think it would be the same thing....as we are again giving the link..

Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Ashish,

Yes, you need the whole path, my original posting had the path but when it hit Focal Point it just showed the .gif file.

Sorry for the confusion!

Like Susannah said, you need to park your images in a single location on the server.

Carol