Focal Point
Qualifying Names on Defines

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6631022803

November 21, 2008, 09:52 AM
Tracie
Qualifying Names on Defines
In a solution to a previous problem I set the Qualified Names feature on. This resolved a problem where two master files has the same element. My question is do I now need to change all the DEFINE statements to add the qualifying master file name. I am getting an error on an element that exists on two master files. DUE_DATE. Thanks

Another interesting note is if I RMB on the .fex file, the report runs fine. If I RMB on the report in the Procedure Viewer, the report runs fine. I only get the error when I open the report in Report Painter.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tracie,

WebFocus 7703
Windows 7
Output format: HTML, Excel, PDF
November 21, 2008, 03:09 PM
FrankDutch
If you get an error, maybe the combination of master name and field name will help

p.e. 'CAR.MODEL'

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

November 21, 2008, 03:41 PM
Tracie
I will try that but I am just curious why I do not get the error running the same report the other two ways. Thanks

WebFocus 7703
Windows 7
November 21, 2008, 05:04 PM
Darin Lee
There are many, many things that you can put into the focus code (it was around LONG before the Painter) that the Painter will not be able to parse and/or display correctly. So if you just run a procedure that has somehting like that in it, the procedure works just fine. However, if you try to actually open it in Report Painter, it might give you an error, or it just might throw out/re-order/remodel everything that it doesn't understand. You take your chances, but usually get a lot more flexibility working directly with the code. Personally, I don't worry too much about the Painter - which is pretty common among those who are really familiar with the FOCUS language.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
November 24, 2008, 08:26 AM
Tracie
Interesting, I will try to change the source for the defines and see what happens. Thanks

WebFocus 7703
Windows 7