Focal Point
McAfee anti-virus causing focexec run in batch to lock

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6641065122

April 03, 2007, 10:28 AM
Adri
McAfee anti-virus causing focexec run in batch to lock
Has anyone experienced problems with anti-virus software running foexecs in batch? We have a nightly batch process that updates lots of .FOC files, the batch suddenly started stopping in no specific line of code or time frame, with no errors of any kind and it seems to be an issue with the anti virus software on the Windows server. The only change that we have made is to move the location of the .BAT file that runs the batch.

Any ideas on what can cause this?
thanks,
Adriana

WF 7.6.9 Windows
April 03, 2007, 01:45 PM
RichH
Hi Adriana,
That fact that you moved it's location may have taken off the approved list for the virus software. Have a look there, it probaly just needs to be added again.
Good luck.
Rich

WebFOCUS 8202 Win 2012
Test - WebFOCUS 8203 on Win 2012
April 03, 2007, 03:42 PM
Adri
Rich, thanks for the reply. It appears to be the anti-virus scan is timing out. Our .foc files have been getting larger each day and it seems that that it now takes longer to scan them after they are loaded and this is causing the time-out. We are trying different setting in the anti-virus software to correct the problem.
thanks

WF 7.6.9 Windows
April 03, 2007, 11:39 PM
susannah
Adri
as an aside, would you show me what your .BAT file looks like that runs your fexes in batch?
i use caster. i don't know how to do it any other way. i'ld appreciate learning.
TIA
-s.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID
April 04, 2007, 11:24 AM
Adri
Susannah,
All you need is the following:
1. .BAT to kick off edastart with the T3I, this .BAT can be started from windows scheduler
2. .T3I script file to issue Connect statements and EX FEX with parms (T3I is an IBI thing, don't know where it's documented)
3. A .T3O log file is created by the process

1. BATCH_EDASTART.BAT:
E:\ibi\srv53\wfs\bin\edastart -f batch_risk
echo off

2. E:\BATCH\ BATCH_RISK.T3I ( this is the script called from the .BAT )
%connect
%begin
EX LDPROG ISSTYPE=M,OUTPUT_FILE= ,
BATCH_OUTPUT=Risk_Mgmt
%end
%disconnect

%connect
%begin
EX BATCH_PATH DISP_PATH=N,BUSS=Current
EX LDDEPT ISSTYPE=M,OUTPUT_FILE= ,BATCH_OUTPUT=Risk_Mgmt,ASOF=CURRENT
%end
%disconnect