Focal Point
hovering drilldowns

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6661081761

May 09, 2006, 11:52 AM
.eric
hovering drilldowns
I was wondering if there was a way to use the mouseover command to show the multi drill down menu instead of the onclick method. If someone had an example or can point me in the right direction that would be really great, TIA.

dev: WF 7.6.5 w/IIS + Tomcat

prod: WF 7.6.5 w/IIS + Tomcat
May 09, 2006, 02:57 PM
Tony A
Eric,

I posted some code for a mouseover event that could be utilised for just this sort of thing. It relies upon dynamic controls being added to your HTML form (so you don't have to code them up front). Check out this post.

To get the mouseover menu that you want just change the HTML code within the DEFINE to include the A HREF tags that you require for your menu.

Hope it helps.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
May 09, 2006, 03:18 PM
.eric
Thanks for the response. I was thinking about setting up the mouseover as a define but I don't know the control names and all for the onclick even that triggers the multiple drill down menu...

I know there's a file called multidrill.js or somethitng which contains the JS function for the drill menu but I'm not sure what to do with it to have it triggered when hovering.

dev: WF 7.6.5 w/IIS + Tomcat

prod: WF 7.6.5 w/IIS + Tomcat
May 09, 2006, 03:48 PM
Tony A
Eric,

If you use the mouse over function in the afore mentioned posting then you won't have to use the multidrill.js at all.

However, if you want to use the inbuilt functionality within WebFOCUS then you need to check out the DRILLMENUITEM syntax within WF style sheets, which is somthing like -
TYPE=DATA,
COLUMN=N1,
DRILLMENUITEM='Drilldown 1', FOCEXEC=somefex,
DRILLMENUITEM='DrillDown 2', FOCEXEC=somefex,
$

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
May 17, 2006, 10:38 AM
Kerry
FYI,

Eric is waiting until they upgrade to 7.1.3 soon before modifying any of the reports.

Thanks a lot for the update Eric. Big Grin

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.