Focal Point
[SOLVED] Customized Dashbord - list rpt and tree view without displaying standard rpt

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/668104143

January 14, 2010, 09:32 AM
Martin
[SOLVED] Customized Dashbord - list rpt and tree view without displaying standard rpt
Hi Community,

I'm trying to create a customized dashboard where it will have a tab having a list of reports (list option from dashboard) and another tab with the tree where I only want 'My Reports' and 'Shared Reports' to be displayed.

The problem is if I 'hide' the 'Standard Reports' from the tree (done using dashboard settings) the reports list cannot be displayed.

Is there any of you that have already made that kind of dashboard or can tell me how to do it?

Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Martin,

WF 7.6.11 HF4 gen34, WF 7.7.03 gen 253,
Windows 64 bit
Excel, PDF, HTML
January 21, 2010, 04:28 PM
Kerry
Hi Martin,

Just checked with our internal technicals and here is the feedback: currently this is not possible, but there are New Feature Requests in place to have this behavior considered and possibly implemented in future releases. If you would like to be notified when the feature becomes available, please open a case with Information Builders' Customer Support Services, by either calling 1-800-736-6130, or access online at InfoResponse.

One current workaround is to create a new domain and new view with the report that needs to be used and eliminate the users that you do not want to see this report.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
January 22, 2010, 09:13 AM
Martin
Thanks Kerry,

I'd already thought the workaround you mentioned but I was hopping that it was possible without doing that.

I will use it for now and wait to have the solution deployed.

WF 7.6.11 HF4 gen34, WF 7.7.03 gen 253,
Windows 64 bit
Excel, PDF, HTML