Focal Point
[SOLVED] NOPRINT on parameter group

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6687049576

May 04, 2015, 05:50 PM
Jamie K.
[SOLVED] NOPRINT on parameter group
Hi,

I generated a parameter group and included it in my report as a BY field. Here is some sample code to demonstrate what I'm talking about.

TABLE FILE CAR

SUM SALES
BY SEATS
BY &RP_FN01B_Sort1.(BY(<COUNTRY, COUNTRY>,<CAR, CAR>)).Please select sort field(s). NOPRINT

END 

The parameter group is "&RP_FN01B_Sort1" and I am having trouble getting it to be hidden. If only country or car is selected then the report only displays seats and sales. If both country and car are selected then the report displays seats, country and sales. The NOPRINT seems to only apply to the last field in the parameter group (in this case it is car).

Does anyone know if there's a way to get the NOPRINT to apply to every field in the parameter group?

Thanks a lot!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jamie K.,

WebFOCUS 8.103
Windows 2008
Excel, PDF, HTML
May 05, 2015, 07:44 AM
Tony A
If in doubt try and force it -

BY &RP_FN01B_Sort1.(BY(<Country, COUNTRY NOPRINT>,<Car, CAR NOPRINT>)).Please select sort field(s).

Remember that the variable pairs are Display and Value. The Value will be included within the dynamic BY clause, so logic suggests that passing COUNTRY NOPRINT would suffice - and it does ....

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
May 06, 2015, 06:15 PM
Jamie K.
Thanks for your help Tony. I didn't think you could put NOPRINTs inside the arrows.

WebFOCUS 8.103
Windows 2008
Excel, PDF, HTML