Focal Point
PCHOLD FORMAT EXCEL

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6691097331

September 01, 2004, 01:40 PM
Stan
PCHOLD FORMAT EXCEL
I know that there are all sorts of version issues with WebFOCUS and EXCEL so before my question here are the specs:
WebFOCUS 5.2.5
EXCEL 97 SR-2(n)

I need to have my report come up in Excel without the title line (In other words I need data to appear in line 1 instead of titles). THere are some other macros dependent on this so I'm forced to find a way to eliminate the titles. I've tried the old standard of saying AS '' but that isn't doing the trick...Any ideas out there?

Thanks,
stan
September 01, 2004, 01:48 PM
Steve C
Well, I don't think you can get Focus to do this. There are always titles, even if you don't want them, they are just set to blanks. I can think of only one workaround:

Create the sheet as Focus wants to. Also create a new workbook that has a reference to the workbook that is/will be created from Focus, and select the range to point to that is below the headings. This reference book should update each time you open it by refreshing the data from the sheet created by Focus.

A Rube Goldberg solution, but it should work.
September 02, 2004, 06:01 PM
Stan
Unfortunately we have an application that automatically takes this report's data and performs the next function...I'm trying to talk them into looking for data starting in row 2, but in the meantime I told them I'd keep checking for possibilities.

Thanks for the input, however.

Stan
September 02, 2004, 07:57 PM
susannah
and you've tried exporting as a csv file
and having your next application import that file with a macro? no headers that way.
September 04, 2004, 01:47 AM
Piipster
You can try FORMAT LOTUS for your hold file. It generates a comma-delimited file with no column-titles. You have to import it into Excel.

Another question I would ask is ... what do the subsequent macros do? Can you do any of the work they do from within WebFOCUS so the macros are not required and you can do more with the formatting of the output?
September 06, 2004, 02:11 AM
<WFUser>
Why not use a Web Query instead?
September 07, 2004, 02:53 PM
<Pietro De Santis>
Web Query?

Details please.