Focal Point
Excel Drill Down Error Dialog

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6711056132

June 08, 2007, 02:55 PM
Ed Hogan
Excel Drill Down Error Dialog
A WebFOCUS report, in EXL2K format, with drill down capability produces an error dialog box that says in part:

"A document with the same name WFServlet is already open..."

I believe that name WFServlet comes from the beginning part of our URL http://webfocust.xxxxx.com/ibi_apps/WFServlet...

Any thoughts on how to correct or prevent?

WebFOCUS 716 MVS DB2 AIX UDB
June 08, 2007, 03:08 PM
Prarie
I have had a case open on this issue for over a year. If you click on that...you get your Drilldown...but the message is still there.
I would love to have it fixed.

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003
I think part of the problem is that excel doesn't like the fact you have a file open with the same name. Would be nice if it would go away, maybe IB could change the 'name of the servlet being opened.

Leah
Leah has a good point, if you save the original file with an other name it might work.
Would this be a work around?

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

dhagen has a fix for this that works - I posted the same as you a couple of months back!

Server: WF 7.6.2 ( BID/Rcaster) Platform: W2003Server/IIS6/Tomcat/SQL Server repository Adapters: SQL Server 2000/Oracle 9.2
Desktop: Dev Studio 765/XP/Office 2003 Applications: IFS/Jobscope/Maximo
As John has mentioned, DHagen has a fix and has offered it in a recent posting. My current Client asked me to obtain it from DH and install it, which I did.

It has been running for a month or so now without problem. Recommendation? Get it, install it and get rid of the problem Smiler

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
DHagen is a genius!

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server