Focal Point
[SOLVED] calendar control with time

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/671107253

January 26, 2010, 03:23 PM
Rob OMahoney
[SOLVED] calendar control with time
Hi,

Does anyone have a calendar control that can also get the time. Right now I am using a free javascript calendar that I found on the web, and while it is working, it is very cumbersome. I just want a tool that I can use to pass a date to a .fex in a format like:

MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS

If there is a way to include times in the standard WebFocus calendar, I've missed it.

Thanks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

Web Focus Version 7.6.8
Win XP 2002
January 27, 2010, 06:02 AM
Alan B
I use the calendar control within Maintain for time and date, works perfectly. It seems an oversight that the same control in HTML painter cannot do the same, it appears to only allow a limited version of date only input, whereas the js behind it can allow for a time section to be used.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007
January 27, 2010, 11:03 AM
Rob OMahoney
Thanks Alan, unfortunately we don't have maintain at our site. Interesting that the java can handle time, I wonder if I can find or create a workaround.

Web Focus Version 7.6.8
Win XP 2002
January 27, 2010, 01:59 PM
Prarie
Do you have to have the time...or can you strip it out?
January 29, 2010, 09:12 AM
PBrightwell
Are you updating a file or searching? I've only had one series of reports where I needed time on a search. My user wanted to find the records that were entered since the last report. I used drop down lists for the hours and minutes and a radio button for AM/PM. I then converted everything and created my WHERE statements in an INCLUDE. A little hokey, but it worked very well.

Pat
WF 7.6.8, AIX, AS400, NT
AS400 FOCUS, AIX FOCUS,
Oracle, DB2, JDE, Lotus Notes
February 03, 2010, 04:09 PM
Rob OMahoney
Thanks Pat, that's going to be what I end up doing as well.

Rob

Web Focus Version 7.6.8
Win XP 2002