Focal Point
Cluster Join- Hiding fields !!!

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6727068136

July 01, 2013, 10:18 AM
SAMM
Cluster Join- Hiding fields !!!
Hi,
I have a fact and number of dimension tables joined to it through Cluster Join concept. I want to hide the key fields but as soon as I comment the key field from the Fact the corresponding join in the dimension fails.
Is there a alternative work around for it .

Regards,
SAMM

WF 8.2.0.1, MRE, BI Dashboard, Self Service, Dev Studio, MS Windows XP SP1, Apache Tomcat/6.0.20, Oracle 11 g, I.E. 9 Output formats: HTML, Excel 2000 and PDF,Active Reports
July 02, 2013, 09:28 AM
<Emily Duensing>
SAMM - are you wanting to hide the key fields from the InfoAssist users? If so, why not try creating a Business View of the cluster join? That way you can hide whatever fields you need to as well and organize the remaining fields in whatever way makes the most sense to the users.
July 19, 2013, 08:29 AM
<MLerner>
SAMM, and Emily,

I would not use a Business View in WF8. Use a Dimension View. This will allow you to create dimensions with hierarchies and designate the other fields as either measures or attributes.

This is the recommended approach. However, in WF 77 the Business View is your only choice.