Focal Point
WF Maintain -- Need to call a LONG Oracle Stored Procedure and come back to Maintain

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6791057182

April 24, 2008, 11:03 PM
John_Edwards
WF Maintain -- Need to call a LONG Oracle Stored Procedure and come back to Maintain
I have a need to use Maintain to kick off a long-running stored procedure in Oracle. Currently I can call it and watch the hourglass for five minutes before IE times out and crashes the client session.

Does anyone know a way to kick of the stored procedure in Oracle like a batch run and then return control back to Maintain immediately? A free piece of pie to the first person to answer this question (shipping included in the Continental US)

By the way this is on UNIX, so Dynam Submit is not on the table. I'm open to creative solutions.

J.

April 25, 2008, 02:24 AM
Alan B
John

I would do this 'outside' of the maintain. On the maintain form have a hidden iframe, the link to the stored procedure in there, probably created and populated by javascript as a form and then submit that form.

If the user starts it, the link from a button can start the js, if it is the result of running the maintain code, then another hidden field, populated to say run the process or not, can be picked up when the page is loaded and then start the process dependent upon the value in the hidden field.

Have got code for doing that somewhere, but am traveling until Wednesday without access to the server that the code is on!

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007