Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  WebFOCUS/FOCUS Forum on Focal Point     [CLOSED] Javascript Framework

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Javascript Framework
 Login/Join

posted
Hi Everyone

Just a question, do anyone know where can I find documentation on the java-script framework of WebFOCUS. The one which handles the xml-request etc.
Anyone used other java-script frameworks like dojo, Wavemaker etc with WebFOCUS.

Please take this as an open discussion. Write about your ideas and experience.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,

7.6, Unix, HTML

Posts: 18 | Location: Kochi, Kerala, India | Registered: August 26, 2008Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
I've never seen any documentation on any of the internal JS files. I suspect that you will not find any either. If IB did document their JS API, then they would be obligated to support the same features from release to release. By treating it as a black box, then they will be able to change at will to support the latest features.

As far as external JS frameworks, I use Prototype. It is clean and easy to develop complex tasks, without all the built in themes and screen manipulation components that can make frameworks heavy.

"There is no limit to what you can achieve ... if you don’t care who gets the credit." Roger Abbott

Posts: 1102 | Location: Toronto, Ontario | Registered: May 26, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Phew out of 67 visits only one person gave me a replay.

thanks dhagen.

7.6, Unix, HTML

Posts: 18 | Location: Kochi, Kerala, India | Registered: August 26, 2008Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I've been toying with Jquery.

Very small footprint and I know MS Visual Studio 2009 is supposed to have native support for it.

I'm defnitly more of an educated "hack" on JavaScript and haven't looked at other frameworks.

WebFOCUS 7.6.6/TomCat/Win2003,SQL Server 2005,Oracle

Posts: 125 | Location: New England | Registered: February 20, 2007Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I've also used the JQuery javascript library to great effect.

I was looking for a simple way to round the corners of my HTML DIV boxes using either CSS and/or javasctipt without being tied to rounded-corner images. I tried 6 or 7 different pre-built scripts out on the net but was sold on JScript because of it's simplicity and plug-in capablity.

Knowlendge of javascript is useful, but not always necesary, especially if the plug-in designer provides good documentation.

And there seems to be a plug-in or 2 available for anything you might want to accomplish with javascript. There is a gradient plug-in that works well with the rounded-corners plug-in and again, easy to use, that have given my web-pages a cool, professional look.

The JQuery website contains lots of documentation and help.

While it is free, they do ask for donations.

Cheers,

David

In FOCUS since 1985 - WF 8.009/8.104 Win 8 Outputs: ALL of 'em! Adapters: Sql Server Teradata Oracle

Posts: 161 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: February 20, 2009Report This Post