Focal Point
Resource Analyzer Reporting

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6801008432

June 29, 2007, 12:20 PM
mgrackin
Resource Analyzer Reporting
I am trying to create a simple report that shows the total execution time for a particular FOCEXEC using the tracking information in the Resource Analyzer tables. This particular FOCEXEC creates and reports from a number of HOLD files. I noticed that in the SMQUERY table there is a seperate entry for each part of the FOCEXEC for each HOLD file. This is great since it allows you to see measures for each part of the FOCEXEC. However, I do not see a common field that allows me to aggregate the values to get a total number for the FOCEXEC. Am I missing something? Is there a common field in each record that facilitates relating all the pieces to the initial FOCEXEC that was executed. There is a SMRPCNAME field that has the FOCEXEC name but there is no field that I can see that allows you to identify the parts of a particular execution of that FOCEXEC.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011
July 02, 2007, 09:50 AM
KevinG
Hi Mickey,

The total time stats for a given execution are found in the SMRPCS table. There will be multple entries for each execution, but the total will be on either line 0 or 1 depending on your configuration or whether it was executed from RC or WF. Hope this helps,

Kevin

WF 7.6.10 / WIN-AIX
July 02, 2007, 04:17 PM
mgrackin
Kevin,

Thanks for the info. I got the same info from Tech Support.

I can see the information in the SMRPCS file seems to use the SMWFRPCNAME field for the actual FOCEXEC name. Is there a way to link this record to the records in SMQUERY?

Thanks!

Mickey

FOCUS/WebFOCUS 1990 - 2011
July 02, 2007, 04:45 PM
KevinG
Mickey,

try this;

SELECT PC.SMRPCKEY,
PC.SMRPCNUM,
PC.SMDATE,
PC.SMTIME,
PC.SMRPCNAME,