Focal Point
Question about Pagination

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6807026816

April 04, 2012, 02:28 PM
Don Garland
Question about Pagination
I'm in 7.6.11 using HTML output and I've turned on 'ON TABLE SET WEBVIEWER ON' and set 'LINES-PER-PAGER=100'. My report is paginating.

I get the WebViewer controls and according to the Wf761crlan...pdf, my report is paging from the Report Server.

My question is, If I create a report that pulls 100k lines, will they all be pulled to the server, then paged from there?

If so, is there a way to have WF pull a page at a time (NEXT 100) directly from the server?

Thank you,

WebFOCUS Administrator @ Worldpay FIS
PROD/DEV/TEST: 8204, SANDBOX: 8206 soon - BIP, Reportcaster, Resource Manager, EUM, HyperStage soon, DB: HIVE,Oracle,MSSQL
April 05, 2012, 07:20 AM
GamP
The report is created in full and stored in a temp directory on the server before it gets sent to the client. If you use webviewer, this processing is not altered, only the location where the temp file is stored is different to allow pagination to take place in a persistant-like way. The pages are pulled from that temp file, there is no automated way to retrieve page x from the live data source (which I take it is what you're asking about).
If you think on this a bit, the reason why you can't really do that becomes clear.

GamP

- Using AS 8.2.01 on Windows 10 - IE11.
in Focus since 1988
April 09, 2012, 11:34 AM
Don Garland
Yes, I understand the linkage through the report server to the datasource using the normal WF tools.

I wonder if anyone has accomplished this with SQL Passthru.

This is really only a problem pulling back to (A)HTML. The user needs the 10k+ records to analize, not a problem for XLS.

Thanks for the reply.

WebFOCUS Administrator @ Worldpay FIS
PROD/DEV/TEST: 8204, SANDBOX: 8206 soon - BIP, Reportcaster, Resource Manager, EUM, HyperStage soon, DB: HIVE,Oracle,MSSQL