Focal Point
Report Caster hanging on saving a task

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6811083482

May 16, 2008, 10:53 AM
Mila
Report Caster hanging on saving a task
Hello

I'm not sure if this is proper place to ask the following:

I have a problem with Report Caster. While creating a new schedule, Report Caster starts to hang on saving a task. This happens not for all "standard" reports but for some of them. “Burst” bottom also causes the application to hang. Some of reports have been successfully schedule and run smoothly.
Also, those queries which seem to cause RC hanging have been successfully running as referred reports for long time.

Could you please let me know if there is anything which RC does not like?

Thank you, Mila

MRE 7.1, UNIX, ORACLE

WebFOCUS 7.1
UNIX
May 19, 2008, 12:04 PM
Darin Lee
Just a guess, but the sporadic nature of the problem leads me to thing that it may be the JVM under which RC is functioning and not RC itself. Check to make sure that there are not java errors and/or memory problems due to java.

Regards,

Darin

In FOCUS since 1991
WF Server: 7.7.04 on Linux and Z/OS, ReportCaster, Self-Service, MRE, Java, Flex
Data: DB2/UDB, Adabas, SQL Server Output: HTML,PDF,EXL2K/07, PS, AHTML, Flex
WF Client: 77 on Linux w/Tomcat
May 23, 2008, 02:24 PM
Mila
Thank you

I've got the suggestion to use "-EXIT" as the first command on a fex while scheduling the query and later on delete the command. This shorten the time of attaching fex to the scheduler. It works.

WebFOCUS 7.1
UNIX
May 23, 2008, 04:20 PM
GinnyJakes
Mila,

You shouldn't have to do that. Please open a case on this so the IBI can check your configuration to make sure that it is correct.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
May 25, 2008, 09:14 AM
Terry Whitmore
Mila,

This is a known issue in some of the earlier 7.1 releases and has been fixed in subsequent service packs. The report is actually running when you save the task. That may explain the seemingly sporatic nature... the shorter reports run quickly and the longer reports display the more obvious "hanging."

I also agree with Ginny. You should open a case so that CSS can help determine if there is a resolution for your specific release of 7.1.