Focal Point
[CLOSED] Need to Update Oracle Data from a WebFOCUS Form

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6827032036

April 17, 2013, 11:47 AM
Leo Sanchez
[CLOSED] Need to Update Oracle Data from a WebFOCUS Form
Is there an easy way to build a form that will
pull data from an Oracle Table and allow the user to Add, Edit, Delete records from the WebFOCUS form? I haven't used Maintain before, but I think that may be the way to go....
I'm pressed for time, so I'd like to get something working as quickly as possible.

Thank you

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Developer Studio 7.6.11
Reporting Server = Unix 7.6.8
Client = Unix
April 17, 2013, 11:51 AM
Alan B
If you have Maintain, try Update Assist. Available from a right click on a master file. This will allow the Add Edit and Delete functions you require.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007
April 18, 2013, 06:18 AM
Twanette
Hi, The question is: do you have a license for MAINTAIN.
If you do, as Alan said, Update Assist will definitely be great, especially if you're pressed for time.
But, if you don't have MAINTAIN, then the "flow" could be something like:
STEP 1
1) TABLE FILE to retrieve the data from the DB
2) Read the data into amper-variables
3) Display the data in "fields" on an HTML page (HTMLFORM), where the user could e.g. capture/change the data, and then press a button to call a WebFOCUS fex

STEP 2
From the above step, the FEX that you called would then have a bunch of amper-variables.
You would then map the amper-variables back to the fields in your DB, and either use MODIFY FILE or SQL to write the data back to your DB.

We often use the above type of mechanism where our customers don't have / won't buy MAINTAIN.

WebFOCUS 8.2.06 mostly Windows Server