Focal Point
LDAP user synchronization

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6831077681

September 20, 2006, 10:50 AM
sathyanveshi
LDAP user synchronization
Hi,

If I use LDAP for authentication, should I import all the users into WebFOCUS repository? If so, how does the changes to the LDAP database (adding/deleting users) get reflected at the WebFOCUS end?

Cheers,
Mohan
September 20, 2006, 11:10 AM
Tony A
Mohan,

With Active Directory the access is controlled via a specific schema which is set up to allow the MR Realm driver to determine a userids access.

Have a good read of the security manual (chapter 12 I think) for insight.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 
September 21, 2006, 02:35 AM
sathyanveshi
Hi,

Thanks for the response. I'm still exploring the features and I do not have documentation. Can you please throw some light as to how addition/deletion of users at the LDAP database will reflect at the WebFOCUS-end?

Cheers,
Mohan
September 21, 2006, 04:17 AM
Tony A
Deletion or addition of users on AD makes no difference to their access on WebFOCUS. The schema built for this purpose is what controls this.

Trying to do this without documentation is not a good idea.

To get the documentation, access the Information Builders website and sign in to tech support. If you don't have maintenance you will not be able to do this. Advice - get your company to pay for maintenance, they will benefit in the end.

If that's not a possibility then contact who ever installed the product at your site and ask where the supplied documentation went. If there was no documentation supplied then ask why not - is it a legal install?

Relaying all the steps on how to get set up the MR Realm driver to use external authorisation and authentication would take up too much space and, frankly, would have to repeat what's in the documentation.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10