Focal Point
Does anyone know how to set the gn parameter in WF Portal Components?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6831082282

April 29, 2008, 01:08 PM
k.lane
Does anyone know how to set the gn parameter in WF Portal Components?
I'm looking through the documentation and it clearly states that if more than one report is added to your page, you need to give it a unique gn number. Excuse the sarcasm, but duh...

I've looked through the documentation and cannot find anywhere where it shows you how to do this.

Case in point, I was playing with this and added two reports. If I run with gn = 1, I get a message indicating "Access Denied" but on the second (gn=2), I get the report. What's up with this? I then deleted both and can still run the report with gn=2.

Confusion is running rampant today!

Prod - WF 7.6.4 Unix/Solaris - Self-Service, BI Dashboard, MRE
Dev - WF 7.6.4 Unix/Solaris - Self-Service, BI Dashboard, MRE
Databases: Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2000, DB2.
April 29, 2008, 03:03 PM
Francis Mariani
quote:
WF Portal Components
Ken, I don't even know what those are!

Francis

Give me code, or give me retirement. In FOCUS since 1991

Production: WF 7.7.05M, Dev Studio, BID, MRE, WebSphere, DB2 / Test: WF 8.1.05M, App Studio, BI Portal, Report Caster, jQuery, HighCharts, Apache Tomcat, MS SQL Server
April 29, 2008, 04:46 PM
k.lane
Francis,

The GN allows you to set unique report numbers for report that can be called through portlets. I'm looking at them for the purpose of single sign. I just set one up on another server and from what I can see, unless someone can correct me, is that you need to set them up by issuing the GN number once you create the posting for the report such as:

http://server/ibi_apps/components/woas/governor/WOAS_vi...=id&view=report&gn=1

Once you pick your report, this would then be assigned a gn of 1. That's what I'm gathering because the documentation is not helping at all.

Prod - WF 7.6.4 Unix/Solaris - Self-Service, BI Dashboard, MRE
Dev - WF 7.6.4 Unix/Solaris - Self-Service, BI Dashboard, MRE
Databases: Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2000, DB2.