Focal Point
2 questions relating to pre processing fex in caster

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6851028331

January 14, 2005, 09:41 PM
jodye
2 questions relating to pre processing fex in caster
Hi Everyone.

I am calling a preprocessing fex (called precaste) to execute before my main fex like this...

<input type="hidden" name="IBIB_prerpc1" value="precaste">

This works fine. However, I need to pass a parameter to it (say x for example) and I can't get that to work. I have tried things like this...

<input type="hidden" name="IBIB_prerpc1" value="precaste X=whatever">

Any ideas as to how to make this work?

Thanks

Jodye
January 14, 2005, 11:04 PM
susannah
jodye, sorry to interrupt and suggest i have an answer to your quandry, but i've never seen name="IBIB_prerpc1"
I've never actually seen this entire construct from a Caster run, even tho i use pre-processes in Caster.
What version are you in, please?
I'm completely intrigued by the possiblity of a pre=procedure to an actual action fex.
I'ld like to try this method in a live fex from a launch page.
or do we think that this command is only executable from an action that is DSTSCHED
January 18, 2005, 01:20 PM
TexasStingray
All,

IBIB_prerpc1 is one of the variables (IBIB_prerpc1, IBIB_prerpc2, IBIB_postrpc1, IBIB_postrpc2) that you can pass to the DSTSCHED setvlet. They are stored in the BOTTASK table. You should be able to set it like you noted, but the max length of this field is 65 characters. You may need to use javascript to set it if the parameter is from the launch page.

document.formname.IBIB_prerpc1.value="MYFEX PARMNAME=" + document.formname.fieldname.value;

replacing formname and fieldname with your form name and input field name.

Hope this helps
January 18, 2005, 07:06 PM
jodye
Hello Susanah and Texas

Yes we run all of our reports via ASP/JSP pages. The IBIB_prerpc1 param can be used from the web form to specify the preprocessing fex.

As a followup, please note that I have solved my problem and found a new one.

My attempt to pass the param was not working because the param name is case sensitive.

So this works

<input type="hidden" name="IBIB_prerpc1" value="myfex PARAM=whatever">

but this does not work

<input type="hidden" name="IBIB_prerpc1" value="myfex param=whatever">

On a related note, I cannot get two params to work.

<input type="hidden" name="IBIB_prerpc1" value="myfex PARAM1=whatever&PARAM2=whatever">

Gives me this error...

Task error: A VALUE IS MISSING FOR: PARAM2

any ideas

Thanks.

Jodye
January 18, 2005, 07:55 PM
jodye
FYI I found the answer. You must separate the params by commas. Like this...

<input type="hidden" name="IBIB_prerpc1" value="precaste PARAM1=xxx, PARAM2=yyy">

Jodye