Focal Point
Webfocus Doubt

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6851073482

May 16, 2008, 10:08 AM
arvind
Webfocus Doubt
hi Friends ,

In our project, we have an underlying SQL for reports. These SQLs are placed in two schemas one is the Development schema ( RIP_REPT_MGR ) and the other is Test Schema ( RIP_REPT_TMGR ). We have created two folders for each report . One folder contains the report files in Develop. environment and the other in TEST environment. We have two Master Application Files RIP and RIPTest. Report FEX files in Development folders point to RIP Application Path in Metadata. And the FEX files in TEST Folders point to RIPTEST Application Path in Metadata.

The problem is when i run the reports in Dev. Environment it is displaying the data which is fetched by the same report in TEST Environment.

The data in DEV. and TEST environment are totally different. i apologise if i am not able to explain properly.

I checked the href for all the FEX and HTM files in the program. Everyhtin is right , but why this mismatch??

Thank you

WebFOCUS 714
Windows XP
Output: HTML,PDF,Excel
May 16, 2008, 10:22 AM
GinnyJakes
Do an APP SHOWPATH at the beginning of a Dev program to see what the path truly is, just in case there is something hidden, like the pathing in edasprof.prf.

As I said in an earlier post today, it is always about pathing.

Also make sure that the acx file for dev in the RIP dir is pointing to the right connection.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
May 16, 2008, 10:24 AM
Kamesh
1. Check your edasprof.prf file for the path.
What are the folders you mentioned there and which one comes fast?
2. When you execute a request, the request will search this folder to find a file and whatever folder it finds a file first then it will execute.

If I understand you correctly, the above one is your issue. If I am right, let me know I will provide you the solution.

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat
May 19, 2008, 02:23 AM
arvind
hi ginny . kamesh

Thanks a lot for your help . ginny , i checked the ACX file for each master file in RIP and RIP TEST folder. Yes , it is pointing to the correct environments. RIP folder files are pointing to the RIP_REPT_MGR schema (DEV env. ) and RIPTEST folder files are pointing to RIP_REPT_TMGR schema (TEST Env.)..

WebFOCUS 714
Windows XP
May 19, 2008, 03:22 AM
arvind
hi ,

I am not able to use APP SHOWPATH in my FEX, I used &APPROOT and i am getting a path ..but i cant cross check t.please advice

WebFOCUS 714
Windows XP
May 19, 2008, 07:10 AM
arvind
hey fellas,

i resolved the issue :-)..I used the application folder name RIP and RIPTEST as a prefix in the table file name...

For eg - TABLE FILE NAME RIP/APPL_PLN_V for views in Development region..( RIP folder)..

WebFOCUS 714
Windows XP
May 20, 2008, 09:32 AM
GinnyJakes
quote:
I am not able to use APP SHOWPATH in my FEX

Why not, if just for testing? Just put a -EXIT after it.

Anyway, I'm glad you found a solution, And, BTW, I'm not a fella. Wink

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google