Focal Point
What replaces applet Report and Graph Assistant

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6881099203

October 17, 2008, 11:39 AM
Joan Williamson-Kelly
What replaces applet Report and Graph Assistant
We are looking at upgrading to WF 7.6.6 or 7.6.7. One of the notes says that "The Report Assistant and Graph Assistant options have been removed from the MR Tool Type Selection window since the Applet Report and Graph Assistants are no longer supported."

I'm not exactly sure what the "MR Tool Type Selection window" is, but if I have created Reporting Objects for users based on master files, how are my users supposed to create reports from the Reporting Objects without the Report Assistant?
October 17, 2008, 11:44 AM
GinnyJakes
It is all browser-based now, just not applet-based.

Ginny
---------------------------------
Prod: WF 7.7.01 Dev: WF 7.6.9-11
Admin, MRE,self-service; adapters: Teradata, DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Essbase, ESRI, FlexEnable, Google
October 17, 2008, 11:51 AM
Joan Williamson-Kelly
Hmmm. Not sure I know anything more now.

I have developed Reporting Objects, and would like my users to use Report Assistant to create reports. The documentation seems to say that Report Assistant will not be available. Do we have to license some new tool?
October 17, 2008, 11:58 AM
Joan Williamson-Kelly
OK. Now I'm finding documentation about "InfoAssist", which apparently replaces the Report Assistant and Graph Assistant tools, but is not available from the Managed Reporting applet. Maybe the Managed Reporting applet is on the way out too? So, anyhow the new "InfoAssit" tool is available only from the dashboard.

Is anyone using this tool? If 7.6.7 is the first release, are you finding it robust? Ready for prime time? Or should we wait until it goes through some more releases/service packs?