Focal Point
Public Dashboard content refresh

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6887035295

October 28, 2010, 10:34 AM
Arif
Public Dashboard content refresh
Whenever I add new blocks or reports to the blocks on my public dashboard, I have to go under View Builder, Manage user and slect user accounts and reassign public profile and change user contents with dashboard contnets. Is there an easy way of automatically refresh user conents with dashboard contnets?

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows
HTML
November 03, 2010, 12:40 PM
MORPHEUS
Hi Arit,
When you first login to the Dashboard the first time by default the users inherit the public view they access. Once you login this will become your Personal View (My View). If you make changes to the public view after you login it will not update your My View automatically. You would need to reassign the look and content under the Viewbuilder. This is expected behavior and the way the Dashboard works.
November 03, 2010, 12:47 PM
Arif
Thanks for the help. Is there a way to automate this for users of certain group to update contents of my view with public view?
The idea of public view is to assign view to the public users, in now a days business a lot of reports det pushed to the dashboard or get delted from dashboard. Everytime we make any change to the dashboard conetnts we need to refresh users profiles. It seems to be the painful experience. Any thing that can be done to automate refresh?

Arif

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
Windows
HTML
November 08, 2010, 04:09 AM
JAlbarrán
Hi Arif,

On the file C:\ibi\WebFOCUS76\worp\conf\bid-config.xml there is an attribute like this one:

<internal-var name="goToPersonalViewOnLogin" value="false"/>  

You can define 2 different values there:
  • true: When a user logs in, its personal view will be displayed. As the personal view can be customizable, it does not take the new changes made to the public view, or any other view, but just the state in which it was when the user first logged.
  • false: When a user logs in, BID will display the public/group view that it has associated. If it belongs to several groups, there will be a page that displays all the different views that the user can access in order to let him choose. In this case, the user will see the last version for each view. From the menu on the top he will be able to go to its personal view, however the personal view will not reflect the changes.

I hope it helps!
  • November 11, 2010, 08:47 AM
    Arif
    quote:
    or any other view, but just the state in which it was when the user first logged.

false: When a user logs in, BID will display the public/group view that it has associated. If it belongs to several groups, there will be a page that displays all the different views that the user can access in order to let him choose. In this case, the user will see the last version for each view. From the menu on the top he will be able to go to its personal view, however the personal view will not reflect the changes.

My bid-config entry for goToPersonalViewOnLogin is already = false. I am not sure what else could be done.

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
    Windows
    HTML
    November 11, 2010, 09:00 AM
    JAlbarrán
    quote:
    My bid-config entry for goToPersonalViewOnLogin is already = false. I am not sure what else could be done.

If you have changed the value you need to restart the web server
    November 16, 2010, 01:48 PM
    Arif
    quote:
    have changed the value you need to restart the web server

I didnt change the value its already set up like this. We have restarted services several times but no avail.

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
    Windows
    HTML
    February 10, 2011, 09:34 AM
    Joe Beydoun
    Hey Arif, i'm dealing with the same issue, did you find a resolution for this?

What's worse is the view builder screen does not allow me to sort by View, that would make life much simpler.

version 8202M
    Reporting Server on
    Windows Server using DB2 Connect to access data from iseries.
    February 10, 2011, 03:42 PM
    Arif
    Nop. it is really painful experience. If you find something please do let me know. I will do the same if I find anything.

WebFOCUS 7.6.10
    Windows
    HTML