Focal Point
[CLOSED]Message for Alan B (PLEASE READ)

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7971057331/m/6887087476

February 19, 2015, 08:44 AM
Michele Brooks
[CLOSED]Message for Alan B (PLEASE READ)
Just wanted to thank you again for your suggestion regarding an FML report that I was creating. You suggested the following define

DEALER_FMT/A30 = IF CAR EQ 'AUDI' THEN FPRINT(DEALER_COST,'D20','A30') ELSE
IF CAR EQ 'JAGUAR' THEN FPRINT(DEALER_COST,'D20.2CM','A30')....

The main struggle that I was having with the report was inter-mixing numeric and alphanumeric data into the same column. Your 2 line define did the trick. I actually started my report over again and used that define in my final hold file. The data displayed perfectly. I didn't have to use FML at all, but I'm glad I read up on it in case I do need to use it in the future. I love the interaction in Focal Point and people like you who offer your expertise. Kudos to you and all like you who take the time to help out a fellow developer. Thanks again and look forward to your help in the future.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Michele Brooks,

WF 8205, Windows 10
Oracle DBMS
EXL07/PDF Output
February 19, 2015, 10:11 AM
Tony A
** like **
February 19, 2015, 12:37 PM
Alan B
Thank you Michelle . All of us learn from this Forum and many are prepared to use their expertise to help others in need. When one member helps another member a 'thank you' is always appreciated.

Alan.
WF 7.705/8.007